- ‘The Business of Fashion’ CFA PowerPoint Presentation – YMA Educator Roundable – New York City – January 13th
- Judging Committee for Otis College of Art & Design Scholarship Benefit & Fashion Show – Los Angeles – May 7th
- Judging Committee for ‘Gold Thimble Display’ – Los Angeles Trade Technical College – May 27th
- ‘Your Future in the Business of Fashion’ – CFA PowerPoint Presentation to Hearst Summer Institute hosted by YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund – New York City – June 11th
- Judging Committee for Menswear Exhibition – FIDM Los Angeles – June 16th
- Ilse Metchek, President of the CFA: Recipient of the “Style & Substance Award” at the LA Mode Fashion Show – Santa Monica College – June 16th
- ‘Fashion Today; A Global View’ – CFA PowerPoint Presentation – Loyola Fashion Law Summer Intensive – Los Angeles – July 29th
- ‘The Business of Fashion’ – CFA PowerPoint Presentation, Panel Discussion – Cornell University – Ithaca, New York – November 9th
- ‘The Business of Fashion’ CFA PowerPoint presentation to Loyola Law School “Sketch Goes Tech” Symposium – March 27th
- ‘The Business of Fashion in Los Angeles’ CFA PowerPoint Presentation to Woodbury University – April 6th
- Judging Committee for ‘Gold Thimble Display’ – Los Angeles Trade Technical College – May 21st
- Judging Committee for Menswear Exhibition – FIDM Los Angeles – June 18th
- ‘Current Issues for the U.S. Fashion Industry’: CFA PowerPoint presentation to Loyola Law School Fashion Symposium – July 24th
- ‘The Business of Fashion in Los Angeles’: CFA PowerPoint presentation to FIDM Los Angeles – Nov. 24th
- Judging Committee for ‘Golden Thimble Display’: Los Angeles Trade Tech College – Dec. 11th
- ‘Fashion Industry Business Realities’: CFA PowerPoint presentation to FIDM San Francisco faculty – January 6th, FIDM Los Angeles and San Diego faculty – January 8th, and Santa Monica College faculty and students – July 10th
- ‘Your Future in Fashion’: CFA PowerPoint presentation to FIDM Los Angeles faculty and students – February 26th
- ‘The Los Angeles Fashion Industry & Creative Economy’: CFA PowerPoint presentation to CSULA – May 20th
- ‘Fashion Today: An Industry Overview’: CFA PowerPoint to Loyola Law School – July 29th
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS Available Online to CFA College Consortia:
- ‘Apparel & Textile Industry Legal Issues” – Current updates on the issues affecting the industry, including copyright, trademark, internet regulations, etc.
- ‘Fashion Industry Profile of the Los Angeles Area‘ – Created in cooperation with CIT Financial
- ‘Glossary of Environmental Issues‘ – Listing of the current vernacular of ‘green’ and environmental issues. Sponsored by Southern California Edison.
- ‘Labor Law Compliance Manual‘ – 2016 version incorporates current Federal and State employment law issues, including all new mandates. Sponsored by Apparel Resources.
- ‘Glossary of International Terms’ – To be used as an educational tool, with a detailed summary of the various acronyms and terms used for international trade. Created in cooperation with the Port of Los Angeles; edited by Grunfeld Desiderio Lebowitz Silverman & Kledstadt LLP
- ‘Can We Make It Here?‘ – A detailed analysis of issues affecting domestic manufacturing, balance by the issues related to importation.
- ‘Licensing of Apparel; Designer and Celebrity Branding‘ – Visual PowerPoint presentation defining the terms and conditions for current licensing agreements.